Enter the vegan pumpkin pancakes! We have now started having these pancakes every Sunday, they're so good! Here are the ingredients that I use:
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup coconut beverage (any type of milk or milk substitute would be fine) - plus extra (or you could use a bit of water instead, that's what I do), if the mixture isn't appropriately runny
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, plus extra for serving with pancakes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing the pan
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, canned
Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl, then the wet ingredients (including the pumpkin), in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. I use a whisk and get it pretty smooth. Make sure that the batter is runny enough that it will work well for the pancakes!
This recipe makes five large pancakes (I can only eat two, so they're pretty big and oddly filling). I
suggest using maple syrup on them, if at all possible. Enjoy!
(I'll add a picture next time I make them!)