Chitika

Friday 22 July 2011

Grouse Mountain annual pass.

As I've mentioned in previous posts, lately I've been doing the Grouse Grind fairly frequently.  I'm not going to tell you that I've been getting that much faster (after an initial huge improvement on my time, I've been averaging about 1 hour 15 minutes), but I am still really enjoying it, so I decided to buy an annual pass, so that I don't have to pay for the Skyride down each time, which is rather steep at $10.

The pass comes with a number of great additional benefits.  The pass is valid for 365 days from the date of purchase, so it doesn't matter when you buy it.  You get a free snowshoe and skate rental, 20% off at the stores, and discounts on a number of other things.  All this for $99!  Although my main focus right now is on doing the Grind because it is just such a good workout, in the winter, I can take my snowshoes and go up the Skyride, and there are some great snowshoe trails.  Also, if I'm ever tired during the summer of doing the Grind, I can take the Skyride up and do those same trails.  I can bring along friends as well, the annual pass gives up to four of your friends discounts on Skyrides.

The final bonus: I got one for Tim as well and we only had to pay $179 for our "Couple Pass".  So we can get into better shape together!

No comments:

Post a Comment