Chitika

Saturday 25 June 2011

Coconut curry carrot soup.

I may have outdone myself.  Every week I make a soup and take some to work every day.  Last week I made a vegetable barley soup that was alright, but not the best soup I've ever made.  The week prior I made a Thai soup with a chili lemon soy base that was to die for.  That recipe is something that I concocted myself many years ago and enjoy every time I make it.  This week I made the soup that is the subject of this post.  The best part: it is probably the most simple soup I've ever made!

Here are the ingredients:
  • 1 shallot (you can use any type of onion)
  • 3 large carrots (I didn't peel mine)
  • 1 3/4 cups vegetable stock
  • 1 tsp ginger
  • 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
  • 14 oz can of coconut milk
I chopped the vegetables very small and put them and the rest of the ingredients in a medium sized pot on high heat until the stock came to a boil.  


I then reduced the heat to a simmer for 25 minutes.  At the end I put everything in a blender and blended until smooth.  Then I poured the mixture back into the pot and added the can of coconut milk.  All done!
A very tasty, creamy soup that requires much less work than it seems like it would.  I think I'm going to keep this one on the menu for when I have guests over!

No comments:

Post a Comment