Chitika

Saturday 9 April 2011

Key lime white chocolate cookies.

I don't know about you, but I love cookies.  They are usually pretty easy to make and so delicious. They're small enough that you don't get full from eating (just) one. They are wonderful.  


When I first started baking most of our food, one of the first recipes that I made was for lemon white chocolate cookies.  Last weekend I made a key lime pit and still had a dozen key limes, so I thought I would modify the recipe and use them up.  To make these cookies, you will require the following ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup of butter
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tbsp milk
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 3/4 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)




I use the organic version of most of these ingredients, where available.  I also had too much key lime juice, so substituted that for the lemon juice and the milk, and key lime zest for the lemon zest.  Tim doesn't like nuts and I'm not really a fan of nuts in cookies, so I don't add them.  


Directions: 

1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
2 In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3 Add the egg, vanilla, juice of lemon (or lime) and milk. Mix well until incorporated.
4 In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
5 Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients; mix well.
6 Stir in the white chocolate chips and the lemon (or lime) zest; stir in the nuts if you are adding them
7 Drop by the tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased pan.
8 Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the bottom edges of the cookies start to become browned.  I often bake for about 20 minutes.
9 Remove from oven, allow to cool for about five minutes, then remove to wire cooling rack.  These cookies are delicious chilled.  If you are going to chill yours, please wait until they are completely cool before placing in the fridge.


These cookies turn out great every time and for some reason, people are always very impressed by them.  The key lime is far more subtle than the lemon, but noticeable nonetheless, and they are light and crumbly.  A delicious treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment