Chitika

Saturday 17 September 2011

Kale salad.

My lovely husband, Tim, bought me not one, but two, edible kale plants this week, and we went back to the gardening store and bought two more.  I decided that today I was going to make us one heck of a nice kale salad.  I decided to make the Weekend Glow Kale Salad recipe that Angela Liddon has on her blog Oh She Glows.

The salad comprised of:

  • 7-8 kale leaves
  • 1/2 sweet onion
  • 8 heirloom tomatoes (small kind)
  • 1/2 an avocado
  • 1 red pepper
  • 1/3 english cucumber
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 tbsp black sesames
Although this doesn't exactly match Angela's recipe, it's pretty close, so I'm totally giving her the credit she deserves, particularly because I also made the tahini-lemon dressing she provides the recipe for on her blog.  In the end the salad, accompanied by some sage roasted sweet potatoes and eggplant and broccoli rogan josh, came together to make one of the best dinners I've ever made at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment