- 1 avocado (soft but not mushy)
- 4 Roma tomatoes (cores and seeds removed)
- three pinches of sea salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp of freeze-dried cilantro (I used to use fresh but then ended up throwing away too much of it, so got a container of freeze-dried cilantro that works perfectly in this recipe)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 shallot, diced (you can use red or white onions, but only use a small amount, otherwise it will be overpowering, shallots are the only type of onion I cook with anymore)
- 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp minced garlic (the kind in a jar packed in oil, probably less when I use fresh minced garlic)
I process everything except for the avocado in a small food processor until the chunks of tomato are the size I prefer. Then I put them and the avocado in a large bowl and use a potato masher to mash everything together. Refrigerate for an hour before eating to allow the flavours to combine and enjoy!