Chitika

Monday 16 May 2011

Shampoo - Part VII.

I think that things are starting to become a little more normal with my hair now and that my scalp is officially transitioning to whatever follows the awkward phase of this shampoo-free lifestyle.  I used a baking soda rinse (1 tsp baking soda to 1 cup water) on Friday night, followed by a vinegar rinse (1 tbsp apple cider vinegar to 1/2 cup water), and it looked a little off, but I think that was from using too much vinegar (the effect of too much of it, particularly on your roots, is to make it look greasy).  However, yesterday and today I have used water only rinses and my hair looks completely normal.

I am coming to understand that perhaps my hair is never going to feel like it used to, and not because it's greasy, but just because it is now conditioned with natural oils instead of conditioner.  I know that it doesn't smell (I'm still asking Tim to check every day), but it just feels different.  Almost like each strand is thicker.  It feels very soft and most importantly, very healthy.  I find that with poker-straight hair, you really can't fake having clean or healthy hair, so I'm glad that it doesn't look like a grease trap.  I'm interested to see whether with time it will start to feel more like it used to, or if this is sort of how it is going to be from now on.  I'm very happy with the results of not using shampoo so far, it has cut down drastically on the length of my showers, and no one has commented on my hair looking anything but normal. It has been a good experiment so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment