Chitika

Monday 2 May 2011

Vinegar conditioner.

I heard a rumour lately, when I was trying to find recipes for homemade shampoos/conditioners, that you can use vinegar as a conditioner of sorts.  I guess it's not really a conditioner as we would notmally think of the word, but it is something you put in your hair after you shampoo.  It is used more to strip off residue than to actually add any sort of conditioning action, but the method comes highly recommended by those who do it.  I was using some Jason brand natural biotin shampoo and conditioner which was leaving my hair feeling quite lank and limp and covered in residue, so I thought I would give it a try.

I combined 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup of water and shampooed my hair normally.  Then I poured the vinegar over my head, making sure to keep it from running towards my face (it really hurts if it gets in your eyes, so be careful), and worked it through my hair as much as possible.  I left it on for a couple minutes then rinsed it out.  After I got out of the shower, I blowed my hair dry (it does smell a bit before it dries).  I must say, my hair is very soft and feels squeaky-clean.  I think I'm going to start doing this a couple times a week, just to keep the residue down, particularly while I'm using the products that I'm using now.

No comments:

Post a Comment