Chitika

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Skor chocolate chip cookies.

I make excellent homemade cookies.  Or maybe I just make homemade cookies and think they're excellent because they're so much better than store-bought cookies.  My very favourite type of cookies, which I have now perfected, are Skor chocolate chip cookies.  Things got taken to a whole new level this weekend with some simple tweaks to my favourite recipe.  Here are the ingredients I use:
  • two cups organic all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp coarsely ground sea salt
  • 3/4 cup homemade organic butter, melted
  • one cup organic dark brown sugar (the darkest you can find)
  • 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1 organic egg
  • 1 organic egg yolk
  • 1 cup of Skor bits
  • 1/2 cup organic mini chocolate chips
Mix the first three ingredients in a bowl and set aside.  Melt the butter in a separate bowl and add both of the sugars.  Blend until light and fluffy.  Add egg and egg yolk and mix until the mixture is smooth.  Then blend in the vanilla.  Add the dry ingredients and blend until well incorporated.  Stir in the Skor bits and chocolate chips.  I sprayed the cookie sheet with olive oil using my Misto.  Put tablespoonfuls of dough on the cookie sheet two inches apart and bake for 15-18 minutes at 350 degrees fahrenheit.  Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before you transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.


I used the butter that I had made the weekend before and it was a bit stinky because I didn't manage to wash out all of the buttermilk, but I went ahead and used it anyway and the cookies honestly turned out perfect!  I'm definitely going to use that butter in recipes from now on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment